The mission or purpose of the National Association of Elected Fire Officials (NAEFO) is to represent and inform elected officials of national issues and provide assistance to state associations.
State Association Membership Services
- National Issues – NAEFO assists in furthering fire service issues at the national level.
- Annual Conference – NAEFO provides an opportunity for members nation-wide to meet and discuss various issues of regional and national importance. Relevant educational programs are offered to conference attendees.
- Board of Directors – The Board consists of representatives of state associations and individual members. Directors representing individual members are elected at the annual conference. The Board meets quarterly in various locations.
- Committees – A number of committees have been created to involve members in the future direction of NAEFO. Dedicated individuals play a crucial role in the effectiveness of the organization.
- E-Mail – Extensive fire service contacts are available to deliver important and urgent information in a timely manner.
- Web Site – An informative, up-to-date web site keeps members current on federal issues and events.
Below are links to the known state associations whose members especially include elected fire officials. Upcoming state association conference dates are shown with the name of the state association name.
Arizona Fire District Association April 10-13, 2018
Florida Association of Special Districts October 20, 2017
Idaho State Fire Commissioners Association November 16-18, 2017
Illinois Association of Fire Protection Districts June 21-23, 2018
Missouri Association of Fire Protection Districts June 16-17, 2017
New Jersey State Association of Fire Districts September 15, 2017
Oregon Fire District Directors Association October 26-28, 2017
Utah Association of Special Districts November 1-3, 2017
Washington Fire Commissioners Association October 26-28, 2017