The mission or purpose of the National Association of Elected Fire Officials (NAEFO) is to represent and inform elected officials of national issues and provide assistance to state associations.
State Association Membership Services
- National Issues – NAEFO assists in furthering fire service issues at the national level.
- Annual Conference – NAEFO provides an opportunity for members nation-wide to meet and discuss various issues of regional and national importance. Relevant educational programs are offered to conference attendees.
- Board of Directors – The Board consists of representatives of state associations and individual members. Directors representing individual members are elected at the annual conference. The Board meets quarterly in various locations.
- Committees – A number of committees have been created to involve members in the future direction of NAEFO. Dedicated individuals play a crucial role in the effectiveness of the organization.
- E-Mail – Extensive fire service contacts are available to deliver important and urgent information in a timely manner.
- Web Site – An informative, up-to-date web site keeps members current on federal issues and events.
Below are links to the known state associations whose members especially include elected fire officials. Known state association conference dates are shown to the right of the state association name. States seemingly with districts but no state associations have an asterisk beside the state name.
Arizona Fire District Association (April 10-13, 2018)
Idaho State Fire Commissioners Association (November 15-17, 2018)
Illinois Association of Fire Protection Districts (June 21-23, 2018)
Missouri Association of Fire Protection Districts (June 15-16, 2018)
New Jersey State Association of Fire Districts (June 2, 2018)
Utah Association of Special Districts (November 1-3, 2017)
Washington Fire Commissioners Association (October 25-27, 2018)